Through the use of artificial intelligence (AI) and data science technologies, this CRC will be a gamechanger in workplace mental wellbeing. Our research programs, underpinned by a state-of-the-art education & training (E&T) program, will deliver systems-level change in workplace mental wellbeing.
Adopting a preventative health approach, research program 1 (RP1) will focus on the individual (WORKFORCE), RP2 targets the organisation and physical environment (WORKPLACE), and RP3 focuses on LEADERSHIP AND GOVERNANCE.
This program explores ‘participatory health’ and customised workplace wellbeing approaches targeting individual strengths, relationships and behaviour, using whole system thinking. Outputs include smart analytics, virtual reality and biometric performance and monitoring tools and human-tech interfaces incorporating artificially ‘emotional’ intelligence.
This program develops and embeds innovative solutions that enhance wellbeing through job design, workplace environments and communities. Outputs include technologies that apply advances in artificial intelligence and data science to improve environments, along with wellbeing labs and hubs in built environments, cities and communities
LEADERSHIP & GOVERNANCE
This program will enhance the way executivesand boards identify and reduce psychosocial hazards by using smart data to drive whole system change, building standardised measurement and rating systems.
The Well and Productive CRC will develop and deliver new products, services, jobs and insights, based on stronger connections between research and industry. We anticipate the CRC will drive significant positive economic outcomes such as the creation of more than 4000 jobs in related industries such as health technology and advanced manufacturing within 15 years. We will contribute to the creation of a more resilient, competitive and advanced Australian innovation and technology development ecosystem.
The W&P CRC is committed to collaboration, commercialisation, translation, adoption and impact – ensuring sustainable industries for Australia. We will work together with the growth centres and industry representative bodies to aggregate knowledge and advance products and services in workplace mental wellbeing.
The CRC combines the skills, experience and knowledge of 69 partners who have come together at Stage 1 – including 24 SMEs. This is an incredibly exciting collaboration that has the potential to revolutionise the modern workplace.
Our 69 industry partners include companies in the technology, construction and health sectors, industry peak bodies, unions, social impact investors, insurers and education technology innovators. There will be a focus on industries such as defence, emergency services, health and construction as they all have high levels of mental injury claims.
Our 69 stage 1 industry partners include companies in the technology, construction, defence, frontline, health sectors, industry peak bodies, unions, social impact investors, insurers and education technology innovators.
- A Well and Productive Digital Sandpit designed to create the rapid development and measurement of products, services and platforms for Australian and international corporations
- A Well and Productive Innovation Fund involving start-ups and innovators, to help solve industry problems in real time
- Well and Productive Products and Services, rigorously tested and developed with world-leading research and innovation insights, and factoring in the views of end-users, leading to co-designed products and services that will appropriately cater to the unmet needs.
- An industry-led Well and Productive education program supporting a Best Brains Exchange of thought leaders and entrepreneurs, including 40 PhDs and an annual entrepreneur’s masterclass and networked community where researchers and industry specialists are able to work together cohesively to synergise their new product development ideas and tackle pressing, new challenges
- A new Well and Productive workforce focused on education and training via microcredentials, degree into award courses, PhD programs and a contemporary professional development training suite
- A Well and Productive innovative training platform supporting the ongoing professional development of more than 10,000 professionals, and including industry-specific customisation to meet the targeted needs of specific sectors, equipping them with the skillsets that they need to be more productive at work
- A cutting-edge real-time Well and Productive Databank, geospatially mapped to different industriesto support the measurement of psychological risk and the environmental impact of high-risk jobs.
- This Well and Productive Databank can be used by large and small business to drive and measure productivity
- The Well and Productive Advisor, an industry-led rating scale that approves and identifies the return on investment for industry, government and health systems on wellbeing approaches
- The Well and Productive Innovation Platform, white labelled and built to open APIs, allowing industry to share knowledge and expertise about products, platforms and approaches that are evidence-based, applicable and relevant